Adjudication Representation

Introduced by the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996 as an alternative to court proceedings, adjudication offers a quick, straightforward and relatively informal way of resolving disputes arising out of construction contracts, binding on the parties unless and until challenged in court or arbitration.

With decisions typically made within 28 or 42 days of the case being referred to an independent adjudicator, and with no limit on the value of the dispute, adjudication is a commercially attractive option to many clients. Successful claimants, in particular, benefit from being able to get back to business more quickly than would be possible using the longer, more formal court process.

Given the real practical issues surrounding adjudication, expert advice and representation from Paul is crucial in preparing for and during adjudication proceedings.

Paul I extremely experienced in providing advisory, preparatory, documentary and advocacy work in relation to adjudication.

In recognition of his specialist experience, Paul is appointed as an adjudicator (by agreement of the parties or a nominating body).

Paul is an RICS qualified adjudicator with extensive experience of adjudication. Paul is an adjudicator on the UK Adjudicator’s Panel which can be found here: UKA are an adjudicator nominating body for the construction and engineering industries. Nominated adjudicators can be appointed to resolve disputes in the United Kingdom and internationally.

All of his experience makes Paul an excellent representative in the adjudication process.   


Are you a homeowner who is facing adjudication against your builder under either the JCT Homeowner or FMB Domestic Contracts? – contact Paul here for a free 30 minute consultation.

Where can you get further advice?

The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) provide adjudication advice on its website:

In addition, the Construction Industry Council (CIC) publishes a ‘Users Guide to Adjudication, which can be downloaded from its website:

If you are looking to appoint an adjudication representative, please email Paul here.